Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

I knew there was a reason my blood pressure was so high last night. I usually get premonitions the night before that I'm going to have a particularly rough time of it the following day. Yesterday brought not only the higher BP but insomnia, and today was a doozy. I had to go back and forth trying to change international airfares, which still hasn't been accomplished as one of them required the change request going into a queue because it wasn't for imminent travel. Then finally, when half my day was shot doing unpaid personal work for my boss (and property management issues) instead of the stuff for which I'm actually qualified and earning a salary, my doctor called to give me another hefty dose of scare-story fatphobia. I really don't have the time nor the inclination to get a second opinion, but I suppose I'm overdue to find a non-fatphobic doctor closer to our house than to my workplace anyway. If my current doc insists on being this prejudicial to begin with, how can I trust anything she says? It just makes me want to tiptoe through the skulls at Skull-A-Day (via Jen Sorensen), that's all. Don't forget to go to Chez Mannion around 9:45 and catch my live-blogging, which I plan to do in between glasses of water (the doc I don't trust said I need to increase my intake, which sounds like a good idea anyway in spite of her).

0 comments: