Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Overdue Blogaround

Aren't they all?

• Oh my goodness, I have to follow that? Wish me luck on Thursday. I'm taking the afternoon off -- no, not for that, I have a cardio appointment (wish me luck on that too)...

• Have I mentioned how much Donna's posts blow me away? This one is all about historical trauma and so much more.

• Curt Schilling blogs about his almost-perfect game. Even though I'm not as up on the technicalities as the more fanatic baseball aficionados among us, and even though Schilling seems to lean toward the right politically and religiously, I find myself really enjoying his blog.

• Hey look, David Levin has a new neighbor!

• Oh dear, first Paul Dini rips into Geena Davis and now his wife Zatanna Misty Lee, as Tamora Pierce reports, insists that the "strongest and loudest protest over sexy things come from ugly fat girls." Perhaps the strongest and loudest inability to distinguish between "sexy" and "sexist" comes from body-insecure Californians? In any case, if even Mrs. Dini has these kinds of blinders on, it doesn't bode well for Countdown.

• Fortunately there are still allies, both female and male, who know where certain lines should be drawn. Among them are Jerry Ordway and Mike Wieringo. Thank goodness common sense isn't a thing of the past everywhere.

• And last but by no means least, Kevin Church finds a secret Food Network internal memo in their dumpster. Hey, I'd probably watch half those shows...

Okay, baseball games are over. Yanks won big in New York, Detroit and their birds won big over the Mets. Seriously, those birds totally creeped me out, what's up with that?

0 comments: