Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Outward Directed

My latest It's All Good column is up at ComicMix. This is one of the longer ones, and actually consists of a Pen-Elayne For Your Thoughts review, which I haven't done in at least a couple years. But the impetus for the column (besides the fact that I'd been seeking this comic since I first read about it a couple months ago, and itching to review it for the past couple weeks but couldn't until now because of personal circumstances) was the tragedy at Virginia Tech, how despairing it all is to even an already-numbed psyche like mine, how so many of us yearn for inspiration at times like this and how some of us find it in myths and stories.

Jay is back in NJ now; Mom follows on Saturday, when I pick her up at Jay's house and drive her down to south Jersey. I will likely be AFK (Away From Keyboard) during the period between April 21 and 24, and Laura has graciously agreed to step in once more to provide Pen-Elayne with new daily content. She will also be reintroducing the Silly Site o' the Day to this blog (remember, the whole Link o' Silliness idea was Leah's, so it's fitting that Laura restarts it since she was close to Leah as well), which I will then pick up again upon my return. Because, while we all work through our grief in different ways, anything that brings a smile or lightens a heart or makes a day just a bit more bearable is A Good Thing.

0 comments: