Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Jiggity-Jig

That was probably the fastest, least stressful return home I've ever had from Mom's place. Don't much feel like blogging, particularly since my boss called me a half hour ago (nothing like taking a vacation day when your boss decides he's going to call you anyway), but I made a couple promises yesterday and I intend to keep 'em.

First to Ragnell's belated birthday present. For my money, nobody does Green Lantern butt like Alan Davis:



And now in response to Rachelle asking for my "favourite nerdy possession" -- well, I have lots of original art, but my favorites have to be the ones that hang on our bedroom walls. We took 'em down to get a "group shot" of all three:



That's two from Colleen Doran on the left, one a print and one an original (my prize for naming A Distant Soil's letter column) and our wedding gift from the aforementioned Alan Davis on the right. (The blank frame above that was our wedding gift from lettering goddess Pat Prentice, which will now hold a family portrait of me, my two brothers and my parents.)

Here are close-ups of the two originals:


Seren by Colleen


Monstress and Hulk by Alan

Hey Robin, can you get that last one a little closer, since you've taken it down from the bedroom wall and everything?



Oh, um, never mind...

0 comments: