Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, April 20, 2007

The 411 on 420

So I get this weird text mail on my phone. Bear in mind I do not text. I don't even know how. And as I understand it we have to pay for even an incoming text message, so I'm not thrilled to receive a spam. So hey, since I'm being charged I might as well look, and the gobbledygook message I got was somewhat amusing and had to do with marijuana and I couldn't figure out why. Was it one of my Firesign friends having a go? Nope, didn't even recognize the return number. I deleted it, somewhat perplexed.

Then I read this post by Grace and realized that today is marijuana day, and it's quite possible the text message came through at precisely 4:20 PM, I didn't even think to look at the time stamp. So maybe some toker-hacker got a hold of some cell phone list and just sent a pot bomb or something. I'm almost impressed, most tokers can't seem to harness that much focused energy to do something on that level...

0 comments: