Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

Rough night, but it could have been worse. My body's getting to the point where it's starting to incorporate all the pain in order to push on, so the sciatic nerve pinch is now the least of it. The skinned knees don't hurt much unless I put weight on them, so I have to keep reminding myself not to kneel on the bed when I want to pet a cat. The left arm has stiffened up as I expected it would, but the plaster is covering the sheared-off skin on the side of my left hand pretty well so it's a lot more dextrous than I thought it might be. The worst is the big toe on my right foot, which is so blue it's practically black. But that's mostly on the tip and under the nail, so even though it's a constant ache my main goal is to not stub it, even though it's padded. If I wrap it right I should be able to put the sneaker on okay again for the morning's errands, then return to home base for the rest of the weekend. Bummed that I won't be meeting Amanda tonight, but I just don't think continued mobility is that good an idea right now. I can accomplish far more right here at the computer catching up on blogging and reading (our DC comp box came in yesterday).

And what the heck, since we were talking about virtual worlds below in Estrogen Month Day 2 (come on and nominate your favorite pop-culture go-to blog-gals in the comments section!), here's a Fake Name Generator courtesy of Gerard...

0 comments: