Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Estrogen Month - Day 18

Lack of sleep and too much to do make for a grumpy blogger. I'm glad Estrogen Month: Pop Culture Edition is starting to get noticed, mainly by some of the people I'm spotlighting, but I wish others would start kicking in their suggestions! Oh well, even if it's just for us, we count too, don't we?

Take redlib at Redhead Fangirl, for instance. She had a great St. Patrick's Day post spotlighting an Irish comics publisher which totally fit something I'd wanted to do for ComicMix yesterday, so that's one more post I'd never have made otherwise. We all gotta help each other out, interblog participation and all that. Don't mind me, I'm babbling. Thanks redlib.

So it was real tough deciding who of all the worthy folks I've mentioned this past week should go on my sidebar but, since I actually know her in real life, Randi Mason gets the edge here. Welcome to my sidebar, Randi! Not to say some others (especially the ones who've participated in the comments) won't be added as well before the month is out, but I'd really like you to be the ones voting on that. Come on, join the fun!

The guidelines for nominating and voting for feminist pop-culture bloggers during Estrogen Month are outlined here. I'm also hosting the 12th Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans on March 31. The deadline for submissions is March 29, and guidelines are outlined here (please send links via email or use this submission form).

0 comments: