Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, January 12, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

No further word from Leah, but we've changed our PA-bound trip date from Tuesday to Monday as my boss won't give me the day off any time he's in town even if I'm legally allowed the vacation time (have I mentioned how much I want a new job?). Today's been horrid, so I could use the 3-day weekend; if I'm going to deal with emotional stress I'd much rather it were my own than my boss' family's. Today's Silly Site is dedicated to Leah, of course (they all are, actually, since it was her concept), was mentioned by Kevin in the Newsarama blog, and is a series of comics based on David' Rees "Get Your War On" having to do with Marvel Comics' current Big Event. Ladies and gentlemen, what else but, Get Your Civil War On. Oh, and if you have a chance, do try to catch the Phil Jimenez segment on the current installment of the PBS series In the Life. It's one of the best in-depth interviews/explorations of the life of a comic book artist that I've ever seen on mainstream television. One more reason to be thankful for a DVR, as we were able to record it.

0 comments: