Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

Happy birthday to me! I think I was born around 3 AM on December 2, 1957, although Mom or Dad should feel free to correct me if they're reading this, and usually I briefly wake up at more or less that time to sort of "salute the moment" but I didn't last night (and thank goodness, as Datsa decided to start meowing at around 5:30 AM again).

Yesterday at work was fairly pleasant; they gave me a "pizza party" which means the three of us plus "Grandma" sat in the conference room and ate pizza (although "Grandma" did bake me a brownie cake, which was delicious!). My boss and his wife got me an Amazon gift certificate of which I made good use to purchase Dr. Who - The Complete "First" Series which we'd been putting off buying but we had to erase one episode from our DVR last night as it wasn't working properly - every time we tried to watch the episode of The Office that we'd recorded Thursday it defaulted to playing a Dr. Who episode, and we suspected we'd have to delete the latter in order to access the former (which worked). So now we can delete the whole darn series and free up some space (Robin copying some other stuff to DVD should help as well).

But I digress. Speaking of Amazon, am I the last person to find out you can create categorized wish lists? After sorting my wish list into DVDs, books, audio and "other" it occurred to me that I didn't have a pressing need for any of it. I'd probably never get around to reading the books (I just started on the sixth Harry Potter book this morning, and I've owned it for well over a a month) or watching most of the DVDs and, well, I just think I'm lucky enough at the moment to have most of what suits my immediate needs. Except a stable and secure executive secretary job for a company based in Manhattan (and the resumption of my social life that would undoubtedly ensue), I'd really love that.

Until then, I'll make do with online pressies like this portrait:



Ryan Terry's Portrait Machine is via Gerard at the Generator Blog.

Today's plans, after I calm down from not being able to find my misplaced wedding ring (I took it off last night whilst making meatballs and put it in my pants' pocket and forgot to retrieve it again; fortunately said pants were still beside the hamper), are to catch up on blogs whilst Robin catches a morning kip (he stayed up with Datsa so I could get a few more hours' sleep), then go to the dry cleaners and a local diner for brunch, then come home and file comics in between Harry Potter reading, and perhaps ("perhaps?" hah!) have a nice sushi dinner. Just another day!

0 comments: