Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just a Thought

If you're a comic book reader and you've ever complained that the mainstream entertainment media doesn't take comics seriously and assumes all comics equal superheroes when comics is a format and not a genre, etc. etc., then you -- as a comic book reader -- probably shouldn't be all-out embracing a TV show in the superhero genre that has nothing to do with comics at all.

I'm just saying. I've never watched a single episode of the TV show Heroes and I'm probably not going to. I like the superhero genre, as well as other genres, but this just didn't look like my cuppa, and there just aren't enough hours in the day anyway. I feel absolutely no obligation as a comic book reader to embrace this non-comic-book-related show as my own.

0 comments: