Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fall Foliage Follies

As promised for the past few days, here's a baker's dozen of photos of neighborhood trees taken over the last few weeks, on October 29th, November 4th, 5th and mostly 11th. My sense was that this foliage season wasn't nearly as spectacular as 2005, but we really had a nice burst of fabulous color for a few days towards the middle of this month, before wind and rain took care of most of the leaves. I miss it already.























Today on the drive home from work I saw the first residential Christmas decorations. I'm glad house-dwellers have more restraint than corporations. I expect to see lots more decorations going up this coming weekend, and with any luck I'll be able to get a few choice photos of those soon.

0 comments: