Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

Trying out my new "toys" today. Yesterday I wore my new bifocals for the first time (naturally nobody at work even noticed) - hate the line, love the ability to read again without having to take the glasses off. I might see if I can exchange them for progressive lenses. And today I'm trying out the air cast, which I didn't want to wear to work as it requires cloth between the cast and the leg or the plastic cushioning inside the cast gets all hot and uncomfortable. As I've got some old capri-style pants which I wear around the house and come right down below the ankle, I've donned those today for the tryout, and so far I like it. It doesn't really help the pain which lingers on the outside of the foot, which I believe is where the ankle twisted, but it holds the ankle and leg steady so I can actually walk on it unaided, stand for brief periods of time, etc. I've been going about the house straightening up a lot of stuff I've had to leave for a week and a half whilst I didn't have both arms free. That's almost all done, give and take a break or five with a very demanding Amy, after which I hope to catch up on blog reading, a bit of writing, and of course more baseball even though the Mets broke my heart a bit last night. On the other hand, I could sit here and play Hallowe'en Hangman all day, thanks to Kathy... oh, 'scuse me, Amy's meowing for attention again...

0 comments: