Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Maintenance Notes and Other Quickies

Melanie McBride has moved Chandrasutra to Wordpress; please note for your bookmarks. And Tom Peyer has invited Stuart Moore to join him as a coblogger, so I anticipate the newly-renamed Superfrankenstein and the Monster Force (which I've shifted into my Dynamic Duos section until such time as more monsters join the party) to be right at the forefront of incisive and hilarious political and comics commentary for some time to come.

John at Lodestone blogged about my recent adventures with my license plate frame. I got an envelope from Hyundai's US headquaters today that I thought might be a response to the letter I sent to my local dealer cc'ing them, but it was a survey. Hmm, wonder how I'll answer it.

Steve Gerber has a suggestion for people fed up with illiterate Repubs.

Cheryl Lynn remembers the black and white dolls of her childhood.

Heidi's overview of Snakes On, Well, You Know, to quote her, "proves something we’ve been saying for a while: The internet is NOT real life. You must market to the real world too. Sure there's a nice little world in a bottle that we all like playing in, but as much as it pains us to admit it, not everyone reads blogs all day. There's a lesson for everyone in New Line's mistake."

Ezra reminds us that, for many people, correlation does not equal causation only when it's convenient for their arguments.

Digby warns us, in great detail, that the radical reactionaries currently in power mean to stay that way by dusting off their race cards again.

Back to the baseball game, already in progress...

0 comments: