Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, August 04, 2006

Keep Closing the Open Windows...

...or Bloglines may close them for me. Before these bookmarks entirely disappear, then:

• A couple good ones from Heidi MacDonald are supposedly saved in Bloglines but I can't call them up. It's okay though, I know which ones they are: her comprehensive San Diego report and her wondering, perhaps rhetorically, why Jill Thompson and Carla Speed McNeill aren't special guests at the upcoming Wizard World Chicago but sometime model and supposed comics writer/artist Jinky Coronado is. Speaking of Chicago, Tom Spurgeon presents a brief guide to this convention.

• Betsy reports that her husband Frank's car has been the victim of an evil tree. I totally empathize, and offer her the same consolation I gave myself back in January - thank goodness there was nobody in or around the car at the time!

• Jenn has a very thorough historical overview of Asian immigration to the US in the 19th and 20th centuries. Maybe I can finally read the entire essay this weekend.

• Steve Gerber wants to know, when did we become a nation of ignorant-sounding cheerleaders? I'm figuring that was right around when a former cheerleader who often sounds ignorant became head of state?

• Lastly, Julia tells the Tale of Two Rumsfelds.

Off to finish watching the baseball games...

0 comments: