Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

Dang, car upkeep is expensive! What I thought would be a little cosmetic maintenance on my Hyundai, refastening a couple loose pieces on the interior, would have cost me $165! I passed on it, and opted for just the oil change (which was due) and washer fluid replenishment instead. They noted I had almost 15,000 miles on it and wouldn't I like a complete inspection and all that for the low, low price of $295? Well sure, if I were in fact made of money, which I'm not! My local shop will do the same inspection next weekend for a fraction of that price...

Plus, it was hot waiting for my coworker to kindly pick me up from the dealer where I left my car, and I have a nasty headache, and Blogger is cutting in and out again like a crazy monkey. To top it off, Budgie runs a very funny set of screenshots for the version of Office 2005 with features you really need, and neither of us can trace the source (this is as close as I've gotten so far). Anyone else want to take a crack at it?

Update: Turns out David Deckert, who created the original Clippy suicide assistance bit, wants to know where the other spoofs came from as well.

0 comments: