Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, April 03, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

Gah. I don't want to hear this any more! I have tons of work to get through today, and if I read one more speculative post about either Jill Carroll or Cynthia McKinney... I swear I'm this close to defenestration. And I'm not talking about right-wing blogs, because I don't read right-wing blogs. We weren't there, either held captive in Iraq or in the corridors of Congress, so we cannot yet know the full story of what happened in either case. I wish bloggers would curb this obsession they seem to have to fill every waking hour with "new content" to the point where they wind up being the written equivalent of a 24-hour cable "news" network to justify their ad revenues instead of a hobby, done for the love of it, that allows citizen journalists to communicate with each other. At times like this I just want to escape, so it's a good thing Cory at BoingBoing has led me to a fantasy novel generator.

0 comments: