Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Reasons I'm Not Discussing Taki Soma

Go here for the details. I have nothing to say about this that hasn't been said better by others for a number of reasons:

1. I have never heard of Taki Soma.
2. If Soma and knowledgeable lawyers can't figure out the next steps to take now, one more blog comment certainly can't.
3. I have not been involved in Friends of Lulu in at least two years.
4. One reason I'm no longer involved has to do with past misuse of funds; while I have been informed that said situation has since been corrected, and admittedly the misuse must have happened at least a half-decade ago by people who are currently not in charge, I admit to being "once bitten, twice shy" when it comes to fund donations, so I'm taking a wait-and-see stance.

That said, I wish all involved the best of luck, and I certainly believe more light needs to be shone on these situations to prevent their recurrence and to make harassers accountable.

Update: Heidi weighs in.

0 comments: