Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

One day soon I hope to begin a blog entry with something other than "Still coughing"... It actually appears to be a tripartite cough - there's whatever is left over from the illness three weeks ago, plus the allergic reaction, plus the result of involuntary tightening up whenever I find myself in an uncomfortable or stressful situation (what Robin calls my "nervous cough"). The Flonase wasn't working on the second aspect as well as I'd hoped, so I've switched to OTC antihistamine (chlorpheniramine maleate) tablets. But there's little I seem to be able to do to mitigate the third aspect because it's all involuntary reaction and so much of my job is stressful. I had a few coughing fits yesterday afternoon that literally left me breathless; one of our tenants heard me wheezing by the reception desk and hurried in thinking I might need medical attention! With my boss in early today I've just felt the entire area tighten up again, and there's not a darn thing I can do about it, not even taking deep breaths. Thank goodness for Silly Sites like Etched in Time by artist George Vlosich, sent to me in an email from Len Cleavelin of the late Dark Bilious Vapors (which I miss).

0 comments: