Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Silly Site o' the Day

Aging and being out of shape are (is?) a real sucky combination. It's not even winter yet and already my body aches make any movement much more difficult than it should be. I suspect the only way to mitigate this is to engage in more exercise (I've been moving things at the office all week with our across-the-hallway relocation) and just work through the increasing pain until it fades, but it's hard when my body is also screaming for rest. I'm going to stay indoors today, gently putter about the apartment, try to get on the stationary bike for a bit, and see how things go. If the outside temps do get above 50 degrees tomorrow I'll consider taking in the National (Robin can't make it, having to work through the weekend), as Carrie Fisher is one of my idols (if you ever have a chance to catch that episode of her chat show when she hosted her mom Debbie Reynolds, do grab it) and I wouldn't mind seeing Peter Tork perform again (the last time was around 15 years ago in a small club in the Village) and of course catch up with all my comic book'y friends whom I never see any more now that I'm no longer working in The City... but it's all going to be dependent on these old bones. Or old muscles, as the case may be. I wonder if someday there will be an IP Fictionary (via Hanan) word for what I'm going through...

0 comments: