Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Silly Site o' the Day

We're allowed silly childhoods, right? I mean, that's part of what childhood is for. When my youngest brother Jay and I were kids, we liked to pretend we had a TV show called The Elayne and Jay Show that we acted out in front of the mirror in my bedroom. (That and teaching him the alphabet are two of my favorite memories of me and Jay from our childhood.) Jay and I have always shared a love for many things silly - I got into Uncle Floyd and Mad Magazine because of him, I'm pretty sure he got into stuff like Thunderbirds because of me. Jay turns 43 today. Appropriately for his birthday and the season, I feel it necessary to inform Jay that Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Cryptkickers' song "Monster Mash" was #1 on the US pop charts the day he was born. How do I know? I consulted This Day in Music, which I found via Augie. Happy birthday, bro!

0 comments: