Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, June 10, 2005

Pandathon 2005

While I confess I still come down pretty squarely against the idea of blog-begging or putting ads on one's blog site in order to raise money to pay for said site - and I suspect I will as long as the option exists to blog and post comments and even upload pictures for free (I'm proud to say I've yet to spend a single penny to blog and it's going on three years now!) - I can totally get behind the idea of blogging to raise money for worthy causes outside of one's own insular hobby. I was proud to participate in Blogathon '03 and do my part in raising $519 for the Global Fund for Women, and even though Blogathon's official site seems to indicate they may do it again this year our corner of the blogosphere has a Pandathon tomorrow! All day Jesse, Amanda and guest bloggers will be blogging away to raise money for Amnesty International, so if you have some spare disposable cash please consider supporting this! (And while we're talking disposable income going to a good cause, Laura only needs $300 to qualify to walk in the 3-Day next month to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation - g'wan and give her some dosh, and get lots of neat thank-you gifties in return!)

0 comments: