Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, March 14, 2005

My Shaved Godson

Still sick enough that I was sent home from work just about as soon as I arrived, driving home with the window open all the way to cancel out my profuse sweating and keep me alert. I e-mailed a file to myself so I can do some assigned job-work at home, but mostly I'm hoping to sleep and recover. Late-season flu bugs do seem to linger, don't they?

But I came home to great news. As I previously posted, my godson Jonny, who will celebrate his 10th birthday on Wednesday, had his head shaved yesterday to raise money for St. Baldrick's. Here he is with the shaving in progress:


And here's my man after the job was done:

His mom reports Jonny raised $578.42 via in-person and online donations for St. Baldrick's! Like I said, I'm very proud of him. :)

0 comments: