Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Estrogen Month - Day Five

[For an explanation of what we're doing here at Pen-Elayne for Estrogen/Women in Blogging Month, see yesterday's post which in turn will lead you to previous ones. In brief, to reiterate, you can give shout-outs to any women who are already on my sidebar blogroll, but you can't vote for me to add them if they're already there 'cause, y'know, they're already there. That includes the 100 or so women under News+Views Gals, the Liberal Coalition, Kultcha, Dynamic Duos and Da Groups.]

Today is reorganization day! For ease of perusal I've split the Gals in Waiting on my Bloglines bookmarks into three sections: the ten women who have received multiple votes and thus are most likely to be added to my sidebar blogroll sooner rather than later; those who've received one vote each (29 so far) and whose blogs I'll keep up with as I can to see if I want to add them visibly to my regular reading list; and the 127-and-counting other women who haven't gotten votes yet but the month's still young! If you want to move any of them up to the 1-vote category, or the 1-vote women into the multiple-vote section, please keep voting in the comments section below this post!

I'm also seeing some positive developments over at the male end of the liberal-left blogosphere. Many of you know that Jesse Taylor turned over Pandagon this week to three outstanding female guest bloggers, all of whom have blogs of their own - Amanda Marcotte of Mousewords, Lindsey Beyerstein of Majikthise, and S.L. Zoll of World O' Crap - and they in turn have gotten lots of nice word-of-mouth references in the blogosphere whilst writing their hearts out. Just in time for Women's History Month, Kevin Drum added a whole bunch of women to the pulldown blogroll at the bottom of the Washington Monthly front page, and has definitely upped his referencing of female-written blogs and the topics they're covering. And the Heretik, Joe Mattingly, has taken the Pen-Elayne Pledge for serious and more than earned his place on my sidebar, bucking for a post as Minister for Proper Gander under President-for-Life Sheelzebub. I look forward to seeing more guys join in the estrogenated fun!

0 comments: