Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Silly Site o' the Day

Yesterday wiped me out utterly; after Round One of our Thanksgiving washing-up I'd planned on sticking close to home, but Leah had called and said she was driving her son and his friend into Manhattan, so since I had the Ramona picture to give her and wanted to honor her 3-hour journey and she wanted to take us out for our anniversary, in we went to meet them at a very crowded 60th Street and 3rd Avenue. A 6-hour wait precluded us from lunching at Serendipity so we ate at the pre-French-ious place on the corner instead, which only had a half-hour wait. I was ready to go back home and sleep after that, but Leah wanted to take the kids to Chinatown and Robin wanted to tag along and all that walking (and you know, crowded-Chinatown walking isn't like real walking; it's not even as smooth as mall-strolling) wound up doing me in. At least I got some baby bok-choy on which to nibble. Then we had an interrupted night of sleep what with Amy coughing up a hairball and Datsa insisting on being fed, which he can't be until half an hour after his pill, so I had to get up and stay up and at least Washing-Up Round Two (of Three) is now done, and I plan on collapsing for much of the day. Oh yeah, today's Silly Site comes via Laura Gjovaag, and it's a few clever people Pottering about.

0 comments: