Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Silly Sites o' the Day

I can't figure out whether I'm lazy or exhausted today. Probably the latter; all my energy seemed to drain out of me around twilight yesterday. We hope to spend the weekend getting all the Marvel comics shelved, which Robin will have to do during breaks from work, and then I can start on the DC morass. Meantime, may as well clean out my in box. Today is a "nobody's monkey" day so I've just deleted all the appeals to vote, or to tell others to vote, or to encourage me to call other people and bother them at home urging them to vote. So just, you know, vote, okay? That said, NoMind e-mails me to let me know he's opened his website with all his Fighting Words political comic strips, so I have no trouble plugging that. And in my home in-box there's one from Firesign chat buddy Ken leading me to this clever movie clip vignette featuring the actor who would have been best suited to playing Dubya in the inevitable bio. Lastly, it's nice to know I'm on the Yes Bush Can mailing list; these folks are far too smart for their own good, and play things completely deadpan.

0 comments: