Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Maintenance Notes

One you can see, one you can't. I've finally moved the sidebar content closer to the left margin of the design so it doesn't dribble off so much on the right, sometimes interfering with the blog content itself. I also moved it a teeny bit down, since Laura figured out how to bump the design down a bit so as not to interfere with Google's search thingy up top. Lastly, with all the female-run blogs I need to check out (and noticing that, at least lately, I feel energized when I catch up with Da Gals but more often than not drained after catching up with Da Guys), I've split my Bloglines "Blogs in Waiting" section into Guys, Gals, Dynamic Duos (which I'll probably move onto my sidebar eventually) and Other (ah, internet pseudonymity strikes again!). I figure this will also be a helpful resource every time another guy blogger complains that he can't find gals blogging about current events and such. I currently list 45 News+Views Gals, 4 all-female Group blogs (and heavy female participation in the other Group blogs I list), 11 women in my Liberal Coalition section, 24 Kultcha Gals (many of whom also discuss politics) and in my Bloglines subscriptions I've put at least 4 in the "Dynamic Duos" folder and 29 so far in the "Gals in Waiting" folders [Update: That's at least 113 not including the all-female groups, and I'm amassing more as I type this thanks to folks I'm finding like Sheelzebub at Pinko Feminist Hellcat who's leading me to even more new-to-me blogs!], so at this point I'm inclined to view all such complaints as willful blindness, in much the same way I viewed male comic fans whining "where are all the female writers and artists?" a few years back when I was maintaining Friends of Lulu's Women Doing Comics list and it had hundreds of names on it...

0 comments: