Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Maintenance Notes

Every now and then when I'm caught up on blog reading I do two things, one kinda smart and one kinda foolish. The smart thing is to go through all the blogs that don't have syndicated feeds to catch up with them and see if that situation has changed - and I was delighted to find that Gerry Alanguilan at Komikero Comics Journal, Gianna at She Sellls Sanctuary, Michelle at You Will Anyway, Skot at Izzle Pfaff! and Will Shetterly all have proper feeds now, so my newsreader Bloglines can alert me when they have new posts. Alas, the following folks on my blogroll still have no feeds, so I've moved them to a separate Bloglines folder to try and remind myself to check their sites more often:

  • Avedon Carol
  • Bob Goodsell
  • Daryl Cagle
  • David Yaseen
  • Elton Beard
  • Eric Alterman
  • Eva Whitley
  • Fred Hembeck
  • Glovefox (but that's password protected)
  • Justin Slotman
  • Kevin Wagner
  • Marv Wolfman
  • Scott McCloud
  • Sheila Lennon
  • Ted Rall
  • What bothers me is when folks like Justin and David don't just toggle on Blogger's automatic Atom feed, but hey, that's not for me to decide; I only publish this list to let the folks above know why I may not be reading their blogs that often. Update: Thanks, Bob!

    The foolish task is checking out new blogs. Now, with over 400 blog subscriptions already, as much as I organize my Bloglines categories I'm never going to be able to keep up with all of them. However, that's not stopping me from going through Morgaine's What She Said! blogroll and checking out which women-led blogs I want to add to my "Gals in Waiting" list, and even occasionally playing Blogger's "Next Blog" game to see where the randomizer takes me from my blog, and how far I can get before I'm blocked (usually about a dozen or so blogs before my browser crashes or I come upon a password-protected site). I'm thinking about replacing my "Silly Site o' the Day" postings with the "Next Blog" game in 2005; what do you think?

    0 comments: