Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

La Donna Immobile

Immobile in more ways than one. Mom and Dad drove up to go car-shopping with me today, and Robin threw out his back doing some last-minute housecleaning, so my mother the RN took care of him whilst Dad and I checked out some local Hyundai dealers. Long story short, he wasn't happy with the deals, so I don't yet have a car; I'll need to schlep into south Jersey for that, and we're working on various permutations which, if all goes well, should have me driving within the next week or two. Oh well, at least I got to test-drive a Sonata, and find out how to get to a major highway from my office at the same time! And it's always a treat seeing my mommy and daddy, especially when Mom decides she's going to cook and bring dinner for us all (and nobody makes a better eggplant salad than my Dad!), and I got to know the area by car a little better just riding around with Dad, so it was hardly a wasted trip. But it's a bit disheartening knowing that the almost-two-hour bus commute will continue for the next few days at least (and in a heat wave no less)...

0 comments: