Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Business Lesson of the Day

I cannot believe there are still slimy cold-caller out there who use the opening line "Hi, I'm _________ and I'm calling about your photocopier" and expect the person on the other line not to respond "______, what company are you calling from?" I just got one of those calls today and it was almost a nostalgic rush, it nearly took me back to my last job in the '80s! If you ever get one of these calls, all you have to do is ask the above question and they immediately hang up. These ripoff artists (whose job it is to trick you into thinking you ordered supplies which they will then ship to you at exhorbitant prices) are never from the company which services your photocopier, as those people always identify themselves with their company name and usually know your copier's serial number as well.

0 comments: