Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Test…test – 1-2-3

Hello there, everybody,

My name is Hanan Levin, and this is my first gig as a guest blogger. I hope that I can do a decent job at it, since I volunteered to perform on a whim, but hey, what the heck, and why not?... By performing I don’t mean to say that I can’t express myself, but that I can adjust to the needs & expectations of “Pen-Elayne on the Web”s readers.

I myself run a real estate blog called “Grow-a-Brain”, which I’ve been publishing now for just over a year. It had been reasonably popular, with over 300,000 visitors during this time. “Real estate blog” may sound boring to most people, and I try to make it interesting by digging daily content that you often won’t find anywhere else under the same roof.

“Grow-a-Brain” is considered a “Link-blog”, and I usually post there shorter items of little personal content, and with LOTS of unusual links to many eclectic subjects. I have well over 120 categories, and each collection is chock-full with dozens, if not hundreds, of unique and mostly weird links of these subjects. Here are two random collections, the one about beautiful Ice sculptures and the other about Insect food (No, not the powder that insects eat, but rather insects as food, as in bugs & caterpillars that YOU may or may not wish to consume)… See, I told you they are “eclectic”…

What I like about Elayne Riggs’s blog is the sense of community that seems to exist between her & you, the readers. Even though I have a thousand daily readers or so, very few ever leave any comments there, and I actually have no idea who they are or what they think.

So, you may notice some difference in subject matter & style here in the next few days & I won’t attempt to change it for this gig. This will be the longest post you’ll read, the rest are going to be shorter & sweeter. Hopefully this will work well for all concerned.

0 comments: