Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Moving Day - Part 2

The workmen from the water department were super! They don't think they'll be here tomorrow, and even if they are there will be no problem letting the moving van through. I just got through to the service entrance with our rental car - a brand-new Hyundai Elantra (only 900 miles on it!), courtesy of the good folks at Enterprise (tell Kevin or John that I sent ya!), who picked us up right on time about a half block away from the new apartment. I always forget what a pleasure and convenience it is to have a car at my disposal, particularly on a gorgeous day like today. The first thing I did was tool around lower Westchester County (I plan on doing that a lot on Friday as well) to see where our new offices will be in downtown New Rochelle, and even with traffic lights I figure my commute (once I have a car) won't take me more than 20 minutes total, particularly once I get more familiar with local roads.

We stopped by our old post office to mildly complain about mail still being sent to this address, and now we're resting for a bit (Robin with his coffee and I with my blogroll reading) before packing up the Elantra for the first trip up north, with various and sundries that we want to take ourselves (including the vacuum cleaner to get the detritous from the carpet installation), then I think we'll travel around Yonkers and find a place to eat lunch. Oh, and Robin received a notice from Verizon that our DSL order has been received, and we should have it activated by next Friday. I think I can deal with only a few days of AOL dial-up until then. :)

0 comments: