Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Science Marches Forward, Despite the Fundie Zealots in Power

Lots of folks talking today about the scientists (including Nobel laureates) protesting the Bush administration's "misuse of science," so I thought I'd link directly to the Union of Concerned Scientists' report about that. The press release itself is pretty slow-loading but I suppose one can access it from that page with enough patience. One thing I like about science is the long-term view it takes of things, and as the pendulum will certainly swing back away from fundamentalist zealotry sooner or later I'm sure taking this stand will come to be remembered as A Good Thing. Update: Susie Madrak has a couple good science-related posts up, including an update on the horrific Dr. Hager and a link to a Beeb article about a study that's found taking the pill appears to change women's taste in men.

0 comments: