Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, July 26, 2003

Blogathon 2003, Post #18
Comp-and-A-Half
Robin's comp copies of Justice League Adventures #22 arrived a couple hours ago, so maybe that'll hit the comic shops this Wednesday, although DC's website has it coming out on August 6. After pulling a copy for Robin to autograph for me (yes, I still do that with every comic he inks), I proceeded, as is my usual wont, to remove the center ad pages and insert. The ad was actually a 12-page insert itself, a "secret codebook" advertising the new fall lineup of kids' cartoons on Fox (collectively labeled the Fox Box). The insert, however, advertised Topps' resurrection of Garbage Pail Kids trading cards. I immediately flashed back to my January 27 entry when I was discussing these with Micah Wright vis a vis fair usage parody. I can't believe they still exist, but hey, everything old is new again I guess. I think I'm going to give the three free stickers on the insert (Rad Brad, Juicy Jess, and Disgustin' Dustin, and yes, they're the same three stickers in every copy of JLAdv #22, I've already checked) to my brother next time I see him. Dang, I can still remember us decorating our dog's bed with them about 25 years ago…

0 comments: