Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, May 29, 2003

Sites of Note

My mind's already halfway to Philly, where Robin and I will be attending WizWorld East for the next three days (while I scramble looking for an Internet cafe so I can keep my "posting every day from now on" streak going), and my work stuff is pretty well in order, so I'm trying to play catch-up on all my online reading, particularly on the comics boards since I'm going to be seeing a lot of these people during the weekend. And I caught this great interview that Heidi MacDonald did with Micah Wright which I highly recommend. Wright has been on the ball for awhile, and brings up a few interesting points I haven't even seen in the progressive blogs, like the fact that mainstream radio now isn't a Clear Channel monopoly as much as a Clear Channel/Radio One duopoly - I mean, nobody ever seems to mention Radio One! - and the conjecture that Aaron Sorkin didn't leave The West Wing of his own accord but was forced out for political reasons. A terrific interview; kudos to both Heidi and Micah!

Also worth checking out is this article by Howard Zinn in the latest Progressive, which pretty much sums up the reaction I have every time I see a nasty "love it or leave it, asshole" sign or bumper sticker.

See (some of) you in Philly, I hope!

0 comments: