Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Wishing on a Star

I love window shopping. It satisfies my "what-if" fantasies without actually spending any money. I don't have to buy to pretend I've bought. And that's what's cool about shopping online for me, I can look at all these great gizmos with absolutely no intention of pressing the purchase button. I also like keeping track of stuff. All of this goes a little way towards explaining why the concept of an Amazon wish list tickles me. "I saw it on Atrios' window (link at sidebar) and just had to have it!" So I've made a wishlist and put it on my sidebar too, just for fun. Yeah, y'all wanna get me a Segway, be my guest. ;) Implied at the top of the list is, of course, an affordable, quiet and large enough living space within reasonable public-transit commuting distance to Manhattan, which I would have added but I couldn't find it, dang those Amazonians anyway.

0 comments: