Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, October 21, 2002

Moore Moore Moore, How Do You Like It?

Dueling reviews time! Haven't seen Bowling for Columbine yet, probably just as well since according to Michael Moore's e-mail dispatches it's gosh-darn hard to get into the theaters, at least it was on opening weekend. But here's Michelle Chihara's review from AlterNet, and (courtesy of a link from Franklin Harris) here's Brian Doherty's review from Reason Online. Like I said, I'm on MM's mailing list so I'm inclined to like the guy, but my husband listened to me read the missive about how he needed everyone to come see his movie opening weekend because "If it does poorly, I will have a difficult time finding the funding for the movie I want to make next" and said something like, "Hey, wait a second, if the guy's on the NY Times best-seller list 31 weeks running, and the book's in its 32nd printing, can't he afford to fund it himself?" So y'know, since I tend not to be a cinemaphile any more anyway, I'm probably going to wait for the DVD.

0 comments: