Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, September 09, 2002

Got a House to Sell?

In the spirit of "My Dream Marriage" we bring you... my dream house! Version 1.0, of course.

I want a house where the doors and cabinets close. Don't laugh, the idiots who repainted our apartment before we moved in painted all the hinges, and as a result we don't have a single closet or cabinet that closes. Well, the large bathroom and the closet right outside of it, but we forced those and it wasn't easy.

I want a house with a kitchen where I can actually prepare and cook things, and with cabinets I can actually reach.

I want a house with three-pronged plugs for everything, not just the air conditioning and refrigeration units!

I want a house that's quiet. Quiet neighborhood, plush carpeting everywhere except maybe the bathroom and I'd even take that... pin-drop quiet. That's my main reason for wanting a house, blissful quietude whenever I want it.

I want a house in a 21st century area that has the capability for decent cable and DSL and cell phone range.

I want a house that's close to public transit and shopping (or public transit to shopping) so I can keep putting off needing a car. I need a house that's within reasonable commuting distance of New York City.

I want a house that can fit all our current stuff in it.

Beyond that, I'm not picky. So, y'know, e-mail me if you want to unload something at a reasonable price.

0 comments: