Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, October 09, 2026

Up and Down

Catching up and winding down, that is. I did all I could on the job to try and nail down some elusive meeting scheduling, and at least I have help now on one front. And we're actually counting the hours until the lovely but surprisingly high-maintenance Mango returns to my godson, who's attending a wedding in Boston this weekend before temporarily moving into my uncle's place a few miles away from us (my uncle, his grandfather, being in assisted living now) whilst looking for a more permanent spot. We're both so tired that I honestly believe this lingering backache isn't just from exercises to try and mitigate my IT band issues but from stress as well. Stress on a 69-year-old body isn't the same as stress on a 45-year-old, I'm sure. So far the heating pad and ibuprofen are helping ease the back pain but rest and a decent night's sleep or three would help a lot more.

0 comments: