Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, August 08, 2026

Whose Sari Now?

We finished our grocery shopping before noon and, alas, the AC was out in our favorite sushi place so that was a short lunch as well. Made it home before the heat really started kicking in, and plan to go nowhere for the remainder of the weekend. So much for getting the ol' car inspected this weekend! Way too hot. But Robin did have to traverse the inside stairs a few times to pick up things in preparation for next month's two big do's, our vacation to England and (before that) my cousin's wedding celebration with his lovely Indian bride. Rob's got his outfit all set, his kurta looks magnificent. Mine has yet to arrive, and I'm very concerned due to the size equivalents, but if I have to I can wear Western dress and profusely apologize. As long as I can wear leggings under whatever outfit I finally choose. If there's one thing on which I've improved as I've gotten older, it's dressing appropriately for an occasion. As we don't go to many occasions, that makes it easier.

0 comments: