Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 19, 2026

Back on the Bike

Well, at least for today, and it was only ten minutes. But when I actually feel rested enough and I have the energy and incentive from watching the Tour de France, yeah, I can do ten minutes. Besides, I relaxed the rest of the day, watching the boring-ass World Cup final (yesterday's game was so much better!) and bits of baseball games (Mets won, Yankees split their day-night double header) and even some golf. Mostly sports-less tomorrow, but that's a work day anyway. I hope my body kicks into gear and makes the bike a habit! Particularly since I now have new flexible watch bands in multiple colors (and some wires to hang them on) so wearing my Apple watch to time my exercise won't bother me as much. And if I don't go on? Not beating myself up over it, I have to listen to my body and whether it needs sleep or movement.

0 comments: