Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

Another nice quiet day; it would have been nice to go to a Pride event, or join a protest against the fanatics on the Supreme Court, or lament in other ways how we are doomed as a species, but I'm afraid it's Too Darn Hot for this 64-year-old body whose back is still trying to recover from way too much moving about earlier in the month plus, you know, PANDEMIC. So we stayed home and watched baseball and the new Dr. Strange movie (a resounding "meh," they did not do well by the female characters in my opinion but it's Raimi so I guess I shouldn't be surprised) and caught up on lots of stuff still on the DVR. My short-term plan is to have that DVR emptied by the end of our Summer Shutdown week, but I make lots of plans like that which wind up going by the wayside, so I suppose I should call it a wish instead?

0 comments: