Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Friday Cat Blogging* (and Bonus Matriarch Blogging)

Well, I should have known I'd jinx things by blogging about them. My sciatic nerve, or whatever the problem was, appears to be back. Ah well, at least I had a week of remembering what a balanced stance felt like, and there's always the possibility I can fix it again.

Other than that, and the horrid ride back home (all three NYC-bound crossings had major delays last night - what the heck was going on in Manhattan? - and it took us three hours to get home instead of the usual two), I had a great time at Mom's yesterday. I especially liked showing off what I'd done with the family photos I've taken over the past decade now that everything's in iPhoto. She in turn brought out the following:



I've cropped the photo within the photo in case you don't clicken to embiggen:

That's my grandmother Fanny (as opposed to the proverbial "my Aunt Fanny"), aka "Baba," with my Aunt Kenie and my Mom, about three quarters of a century ago. Everyone to whom Mom as spoken says that Baba reminds them very strongly of me, or veesy-versey. I see it a little but not all that much. What do y'all think?



And I apologize to Mom who doesn't care for this but I haven't done my cat blogging yet:



There, now I've done it.

*(Friday Cat Blogging is ™ Kevin Drum)

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

I definitely see a resemblance!