Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Cat Blogging (™ Kevin Drum)

Now that my ironing is done (only six tops from the just-done laundry to take care of this coming weekend), Amy misses the ironing board being put away. Now that my jewelry is also organized and I found some Mardi Gras-type beads left over, I decided to give them to her as a treat and snap one last shot of her riding the board, as it were:



As you can see, she looks thrilled. Meanwhile, back in Robin's studio, Datsa's now found another spot to usurp from Amy:



As of this morning, another bit of "organizing" is now finished, as my state quarters map is finally filled in after 8+ long years. I'll always treasure this piece of pseudo-kitschiness, because many of the quarters were fastened in there by my Dad, who had a knack for pushing them in the slots that nobody, not even the otherwise-strong Robin, has quite been able to match. So every time I look at the map I think of Dad. And apparently Datsa thinks of another place on which to rub his head.



Naturally, Amy came 'round to see what the fuss was about:



And now, to work!

0 comments: