Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 21, 2009

England March 2009 Part 1 - People

My aim is to present the photos I've taken so far as People, Places and Things, but as we'll be seeing more family both tomorrow and probably Tuesday I'll probably have a Part 4 update. Ah well, ne'mind, eh. Here we are with mostly Dad but also a bit of Robin. This one's mostly for the relatives, so I appreciate your indulgence. As usual, click to embiggen.



A lovely portrait of Dad Riggs, taken by Robin.



I love this shot I got of Rob and Dad in the living room, with the photo of Rob's Mum between them and the photographer (inadvertently, I admit) caught in the mirror.



I suppose turnabout's fair play; here's a shot Robin got of me and Dad.



Dad's a faithful Pen-Elayne reader; it makes me wish I had more time to post here when not on holiday! Here he is checking out my blog on the desktop in his computer room (which used to be Rob's bedroom).



He even peruses it in the living room on his laptop.



As Dad's hearing isn't what it used to be, Rob writes a lot of messages to him. Much of today's conversations had to do with upgrading the aforementioned laptop and bringing it into sync with the aforementioned desktop.



At this point I think Dad was starting to get a bit exasperated by me and my camera.



But honestly, it's not like the both of them aren't shutterbugs as well.



Yesterday we had lunch with our longtime friend Lee "Budgie" Barnett. Here's Rob posing with Budgie on either side of a copy of the illustration Robin drew for Budgie's story You'll Never Believe A Man Can Fly; the print hangs in his office. Lunch was lots of fun; thanks again, Budgie!



And here's Rob on our way back home from Lewes Station, posing in a charming side street just beginning to show signs of spring. Back later (or tomorrow) with Places and Things.

0 comments: