Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Off Across The Pond!

In exactly four weeks from today, Robin and I will be taking our first vacation outside of New York since, well, since a pretty long time. We'll be headed out to England again, at last! We're mostly going to see Rob's Dad (a faithful Pen-Elayne reader; hi Dad!), with whom we're staying, and hope to see his sisters as well (hi Carol! I remember you read Pen-Elayne too!). We're also tentatively planning a day in London, since I will go a teensy bit nuts if I have a week of countryside with no city in between to break it up. :) This time we're renting a car, and I'm a bit nervous about driving on the left side of the road, but my brother and sis-in-law (who have experience with same from when they visited the Caymans) have calmed me down a bit there.

Here's the thing, though -- I do expect to try to update Pen-Elayne daily, but I wouldn't mind a guest host during the time we're out. Anyone want the keys to the blog? As y'all know, it's not like I've been posting a great deal of late as is, so your participation can only improve the amount of new content here! Let me know in the comments.

I'm very excited about going back to see my husband's family again, and am also looking quite forward to shopping in Boots and taking in the view of all the Easter sweets sure to be on display at Tesco.

0 comments: