Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Con Photos at Last

So, so tired. As promised, photos of friends from this past weekend's convention.



Colleen Doran was wearing about three layers including this heavy coat. She was colder than the tasty refrigerated pickles that I have from her garden. I hope she warmed up by Sunday!



Ramona Fradon has one of the nicest smiles anywhere.



Lulu panel! Packed! ACK! Couldn't breathe, move or otherwise enjoy anything! Sucky photo, I know, I know!



Phyllis Novin, looking very spiffy indeed in her hat and other acoutrements.



So, of course, I had to put my hat on as well and vogue (such as it was). It was definitely a Jaunty Hat day for many of us who didn't wear all-out costumes.



Leonard Kirk no longer has to shovel the massive Canadian snow now that he's back in an apartment. Can his landlord come down and do our steps when it snows?



Fellow ComicMix survivor Andrew Pepoy who, even so, still lost that knife fight to Robin all those years ago...



Jamal Igle, showing off photos of Catie on his phone. He promised to send me larger versions.



Bob Almond with his Inkwell Awards banner. Don't talk to me about the Inkwells, I'm still slogging through the Glyphs...



Kath and Caroline David. Caroline refused to look at the camera, for whatever reason. She was selling drawings for a buck. She's a total cherub. I'm grateful that I'm friends with her mom and dad.



Billy Tucci in the foreground, crowd in the background. I had to delete a few shots like this of various pros, as the camera wasn't able to pick out foreground from background very well. Or I was tired. Or both.



Amanda Conner. Hats, I'm telling ya, hats.



Me and Naomi Basner, probably the youngest woman ever to write for Marvel back in the bullpen days. And she's still younger than me. How'd that happen?

0 comments: