Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Cat Blogging (™ Kevin Drum)

So I did some ironing earlier in the week, and decided to replace my old ironing board cover because the covers' thick padding didn't actually wrap around the board, making it much more difficult to actually do the ironing. Then it occurred to me that Amy in particular adored jumping onto the board, mostly (I reasoned) due to the padding, and the cats could probably use a snuggle-place in this cold weather, so I folded the pad and put it beside their cat toys. And sure enough...



Datsa is fighting her for a spot on it now and, since he's a bruiser even without any teeth, he usually wins. But he's also becoming slightly more enamored of the catnip mouse toys I bought him and his sister:



I have to say, in this kind of weather it's very comforting to cuddle kitties, particularly as their lush winter coats have some in. Did I mention that Datsa actually puts his arms around my neck when I hug him? Aww...

0 comments: