Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Sense of Linky Accomplishment

The herb garden seeds are planted and sunning on my kitchen windowsill; the bottom three shelves of the linen/utility closet in the hallway have been cleaned and straightened out so we can actually find stuff in there now; my ComicMix stuff is written; I'm caught up in blog reading; my new combination GPS/Bluetooth works beautifully and I've now removed everything from the car's glove box, front seat storage bin and trunk that doesn't need to be there; we found decently-priced and comfy sheets that match our living room decor to use as covers for our recliners; I made terrific pasta and meatballs yesterday and omelettes this morning and the washing up is already done; and my arthritis (that's what the x-rays on my back showed, a touch of the ol' osteoarthritis which at this point I'm assuming accounts for the frequent pain on my left side these last few months) isn't even acting up that much. I'm in a good mood, so why not spread the joy?:

• Heidi offers up a nice historical perspective on comics and inappropriate subject matter.

• I won't be seeing Aquaman #54 until it arrives in our comp box, but Laura passes along that it's the issue featuring a character who's a tribute to my late best friend Leah Adezio.

• Val D'Orazio locates her boyfriend rather shaken in the midst of the New York steampipe rubble, and is amazed at her calmness.

• Chris Clarke presents his blog-specific abecedary. When I read that stuff in Hebrew in shul it used to be called an acrostic, lots of Jewish liturgical stuff is acrostic. I think this would make a great blog game if we could spread the word. I'm not volunteering to do my own contribution yet, though.

• Lance Mannion presents a thoughtful essay on a personality type he encounters way too often up on Cape Cod (as well as many other places).

• Kai serve up a nice post dealing with food and racism in historical perspective.

• Lastly, Christie Keith reviews an appearance by Elizabeth Edwards at the Human Rights Campaign's annual gathering in SanFran.

Oh, did I mention I've been enjoying baseball all weekend? Yanks are still leading as I wrap this up...

0 comments: