Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Estrogen Month - Day 6

I'm cheating a little today, which gives y'all a chance to spread the word about Estrogen Month: Pop Culture Edition participation and the next Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans so people can come on by and catch up.

The guidelines for nominating and voting for feminist pop-culture bloggers during Estrogen Month are outlined here. As mentioned below, I've reorganized the "Where the Women Bloggers Are" sections of my Bloglines subs so that they're not only current but they're now split into "News+Views" and "Kultcha+Otha." This means that, even though some blogs in the first section also cover cultural stuff, I would recommend first looking through the second section for purposes of nominating and voting in the comments on which blogs you'd like to see get wider recognition (and a spot on my blogroll), now that they're all in one place.

The guidelines for participating in the 12th Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans, which Pen-Elayne will be hosting to close out Estrogen Month on March 31, are outlined here. For the Carnival, please send links via email or use this submission form rather than posting in the comments section, which I'd like to dedicate to regular Estrogen Month activity. Lisa Fortuner aka Ragnell has just put up the submission call on her blog, so I guess the deadline is Thursday the 29th. Thanks Lisa, I didn't even think to state a deadline! Shame on me, it's not like I don't have to meet a deadline every week for my ComicMix column (which will run on Thursday this week, by the way, and you'll see why when you check the site tomorrow).

As mentioned above, I'm cheating a bit today by highlighting someone who's already on my blogroll. I'm singing the praises of Cheryl Lynn not only because it's her birthday (happy birthday, Cheryl!) but because of the amazing work she's done on The Ormes Society, which is picking up more and more steam every day. The blog is gorgeous and wonderfully functional, and as the weather improves and the comics convention season gears up even more I'm sure lots of black female comic book creators (and hopefuls) will be flocking to the site to add their names and work. All hail the Digital Femme!

0 comments: