Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Estrogen Month - Day 20

Finally spoke with Mom this afternoon, and she gave a fairly positive prognosis about Dad as well, adding she didn't want me to fly out to Vegas, so I'm sitting and waiting for further news. Although Dad's moving his legs and uninjured arm, he'll be sedated until at least tomorrow, so I probably won't know anything more until then. I'm going by the adage that no news is good news.

So between that and my boss getting ready to go on a week's vaca, I'm very grateful indeed that someone actually emailed me asking if I would spotlight her blog, saying "I do pop culture stuff and I'm a proud feminist." More than good enough for me! Her handle is Medbh and her blog is Dante and the Lobster, so named after her favorite Beckett story. She specializes in discussing those paper things with covers that you turn the pages and-- ah, books, that's what they're called. So 20th century! She also seems to specialize in things Irish, appropriate considering St. Paddy's has just passed.

The guidelines for nominating and voting for feminist pop-culture bloggers during Estrogen Month are outlined here. I'm also hosting the 12th Carnival of Feminist Science Fiction and Fantasy Fans on March 31. The deadline for submissions is March 29, and guidelines are outlined here (please send links via email or use this submission form). Six entries so far; woo-hoo!

0 comments: